免費試婚 性愛安全網站: www.SexLoveSafe.com砲砲論壇 官方網址: www.SexLoveSafe.net炮炮論壇 官方網址: www.SexLoveFree.net
返回列表 發表新的主題

九十六歲的告白 吾愛LORRAINE

看了這個故事後覺得很感動

英文字幕:YouTubeLearn
中文字幕:YouTubeLearn
校稿 :YouTubeLearn
Earlier this summer Green Shoe Studio launched this singer-songwriter contest. It’s a contest that someone can upload their video on to YouTube and send us the link. We felt that was a good way that we could really tie in to the local community, and really get a feel for the music that’s going on around here. But we didn’t quite expect an entry like Fred’s.
今年初夏Green Shoe錄音室辦了這場歌手、詞曲作家的比賽。這是人們可以上傳他們的影片到YouTube並把連結傳給我們的比賽。我們認為那是一個我們可以確實與當地社區結合的好方法,並確實了解這裡流行的音樂。但我完全沒有想到會有像Fred的參賽作品。

How did I meet Lorraine? She was a carhop at the A&W root beer stand. She brought the trays to the car and that… That was in about 1938. We dated for two years, then we married. June 26th would have been our seventy-third anniversary. She gave me seventy-five years of her life. Well, she was just the prettiest girl I’ve ever saw. And she was real timid like, but, I just fell in love with her right there.
我怎麼認識Lorraine的?她是A&W沙士飲料攤的服務生。她把托盤拿到車上然後…那大約是在1938年。我們交往了兩年,然後我們結婚了。六月二十六號會是我們結婚七十三週年。她給了我她七十五年的人生。嗯。她就是我看過最美的女孩。而且她真的很害羞的樣子,但,我就是在這愛上了她。

What made Fred’s entry so special to us was, well, number one: It’s an online singer-songwriter contest people are supposed to upload their videos. But instead of a video, we received a very large manila envelope, titled Green Shoe Studio, Singer-Songwriter contest. Well, I was excited to see what it was and opened it up, and lo and behold, it was a letter from a ninety-six-year-old man who said, “I’ve written this song for my wife.”
讓Fred的參賽作品對我們來說這麼特別的東西是,這個嘛,第一:這是場人們應該要上傳影片的網路歌手、詞曲作家比賽。但不是收到影片,我們收到一個非常大的牛皮紙袋,署名「Green Shoe錄音室,歌手、詞曲作家比賽」。嗯,我很興奮要看看那是什麼並打開它,你看看,那是一封九十六歲的人寫的信,他說:「我寫了這首歌要給我的太太。」

He said on the, you know, in the letter that he was not a musician, and that he was not actually a very good singer. In fact, on the actual envelope itself, it says, “P.S. I don’t sing. I would scare people. Haha.” So it’s a letter from this ninety-six-year-old man. He sounds like a sweet guy. But as I’m reading through the letter, I begin to realize that his wife just passed away a month earlier. And so, having known that, I started reading through this song, and he titled it “Sweet Lorraine.” And listening to the lyrics and the passion behind the lyrics, and the letter he sent us…it was just so heartwarming.
他在上面說,你知道,在信上說他不是音樂家,還有他其實不是個非常好的歌手。事實上,在真正的信封本身上,上面寫著:「附註:我不唱歌。我會嚇到人。哈哈。」所以這是封九十六歲的男人寫的信。他聽來像是個可愛的人。但當我讀過那封信,我開始理解到他的妻子才剛在一個月前過世。所以,知道以後,我開始讀過這首歌,他取名為〈親愛的Lorraine〉。而聽到那歌詞,以及歌詞背後的熱情,還有他寄給我們的信…就是如此地感人。

Well, after she passed away, I just sat in the front room one evening all by myself. It just came right to me almost and I just kept humming it and singing it. That’s how I came to write it. It just seemed like it just fit her.
嗯,在她過世後,在一個傍晚我就自己一人坐在客廳裡。這首歌幾乎就這樣冒出來,我就一直哼著唱著。那就是我如何寫它的。感覺就像是它跟她就是絕配。

Green Shoe Studio decided to take Fred’s lyrics and bring them to life. We decided to put them to professional music, professionally record it. We wanted to have a professional singer sing on the song. You know, our mission here at Green Shoe Studio is to change our community, one dream at a time, and what a better way to do it?
Green Shoe錄音室決定要採用Fred的歌詞並賦予它們生命。我們決定要將它們製作成專業的音樂,並以專業方式錄製。我們想要讓專業歌手來唱這首歌。你知道,我們在Green Shoe錄音室這裡的任務就是要改變我們的社區,一次實現一個夢想,而還有什麼更好的方式可以做到?

I saw Jacobs’s ad in the paper about the contest that he was going to put on. So I just thought, “Oh, shoot, I’ll just write a letter and send it all in,” never thinking that I’d get an answer or something. But then he called one day and I was surprised!
我在報紙上看到Jacobs關於他即將要舉辦的比賽廣告。所以我就想:「喔,該死,我會就寫一封信然後全寄出去」從來沒想過我會得到回應或其他東西。但接著有天他打給我,而我非常訝異!

We decided we’re gonna do this just by reading a letter without even meeting Fred. So I called him up one day and said, “Fred, we were touched by your story. Now, it didn’t meet the criteria of our singer-songwriter contest, but we can do something even better for you.” I said, “We’re gonna record your song. We’re gonna have professionals do this. We’re gonna have a professional take so that, you know, it’s not just lyrics anymore. It’s bringing them to life.” And he goes, “Oh, that’s just so great, but, you know, how much is that gonna cost? Man, I don’t have any money.” And I said, “Fred, you misunderstand me. We’re gonna do all this for free.” And he began to cry on the phone and said, “Why would you do this for me?” And I told him…I said, “Fred, it’s not that we’re doing this for you. We’re doing this together, because music means so much to so many people. And your song touched us, and we felt like this is the best way to do this.”
我們決定要在甚至沒有見過Fred的情況下透過閱讀信件就來做這首歌。所以有天我打給他並說:「Fred,我們受到你的故事感動。現在,它並沒有符合我們歌手、詞曲作者比賽的參賽標準,但我們可以為你做件更棒的事。」我說:「我們要錄製你的歌。我們要讓專業人士來做。我們要以專業的方式製作所以,你知道,它就不再只是歌詞了。這會賦予它們生命。」然後他說:「喔,那就太棒了,但,你知道,這要花多少錢?老兄,我沒有任何錢。」接著我說:「Fred,你誤會我了。我們要免費做這全部的事。」然後他開始在電話那頭哭,並說:「為什麼你們要為我做這件事?」我告訴他…我說:「Fred,不是我們為你做這件事。我們一起做這件事,因為音樂對這麼多人來說是如此重要。而你的歌感動了我們,我們覺得這是做這件事最好的方式。」

Very cool! I like that!
非常酷!我喜歡!

I probably spent more time with his song than I have on most other people’s songs. To be honest, I was a little nervous taking it to him. I’ve been a singer and a songwriter for years, but I must admit this is the first time in probably ten years I’ve actually been nervous giving someone a song that we have taken, because it meant so much to him and it meant so much to me.
可能我花在他的歌上的時間比我花在其他大部分人的歌上的時間還久。老實說,我拿給他聽時有一點點緊張。我做歌手和詞曲作家好幾年了,但我必須承認這是我可能在十年內第一次,在給某人聽我們做的歌時真正地感到緊張,因為這對他如此重要,而它對我也如此重要。

I’m hoping you like it, and as I said, it’s not done yet, but I’m gonna let you hear it, okay? Tell me when you’re ready. Yeah, okay!
我希望你喜歡它,就像我說的,它還沒完成,但我要讓你聽聽,好嗎?當你準備好就告訴我一聲。是,好了!

Oh sweet Lorraine, I wish we could do all the good time over again, oh sweet Lorraine.
喔親愛的Lorraine,我希望我們能再一次度過這所有美好時光,喔親愛的Lorraine。
Life only goes around once but never again, oh sweet Lorraine.
人生只會走一遍但永遠不會重來,喔親愛的Lorraine。
I wish we could do all the good times over again.
我希望我們能再一次度過這所有美好時光。
The good times, the good times, the good times, all over again.
美好時光,美好時光,美好時光,再一次度過。
The good times, the good times, the good times, all over again.
美好時光,美好時光,美好時光,再一次度過。
But the memories will always linger on. Oh sweet Lorraine, no I don’t wanna move on.
但回憶會永遠縈繞不去。喔親愛的Lorraine,不我不想往前走。
The memories will always linger on. Oh sweet Lorraine, that’s why I wrote you this song.
回憶會永遠縈繞不去。喔親愛的Lorraine,那就是為什麼我寫了這首歌給你。
Oh sweet Lorraine, I wish we could do all the good time over again, oh sweet Lorraine.
喔親愛的Lorraine,我希望我們能再一次度過這所有美好時光,喔親愛的Lorraine。
Life only goes around once but never again, oh sweet Lorraine.
人生只會走一遍但永遠不會重來,喔親愛的Lorraine。
I wish we could do all the good times over again.
我希望我們能再一次度過這所有美好時光。
The good times, the good times, all the good times, all over again.
美好時光,美好時光,所有美好時光,再一次度過。

This is wonderful, just wonderful. I’m glad you like it. So glad you like it. Just wonderful!
這太美妙了,就是很美妙。我很高興你喜歡它。非常高興你喜歡它。就是很美妙!

It was a wonderful seventy-five years. I just often think that’s kinda unreal. I dreamed them or something, but…but the…it was real. That’s all I can say. It was real. I really really miss her. It just doesn’t seem right, like a dream.
那是很美妙的七十五年。我就是常常在想那有點不真實。我夢到它們或某些東西,但…但…那是真實的。我能說的就這些。那是真實的。我非常非常想她。這就是感覺不對,像場夢一樣。

以上內容全文轉貼自此網頁:http://blog.youtubelearn.com/a-l ... -oh-sweet-lorraine/

Share To Facebook Share To Plurk Share To Twitter
回覆 1# Sting-22

這才叫 天長地久 真愛
   我也好希望到老能跟愛人還手牽手
回覆 2# 雅痞哲

哈哈 誰不希望自己可以碰到真愛呢?
相信每個人一定都可以找到屬於自已的幸福
返回列表 回覆 發表新的主題
全站❤免費試婚愛愛❤總次數:
↑   ↑   ↑   ↑

前輩/學長 常在說:「師父領進門,修行看個人。」